Please Note: digitalfuturesoft.com no longer provides or supports this software. The site’s new focus is providing AI Tool Reviews and answering questions related to AI. The knowledge age is upon us and new AI tools are popping up every day. It’s our mission to provide the best information on the internet for all new AI tools and help people find the right tool for them.
The cross-platform text-to-speech SDK standard
Digital Future Text-to-Speech SDK for Windows (R), Mac OS X and Linux is aimed at helping software developers add text-to-speech functionality to their applications.
* Please note that all Microsoft (R) SAPI 5.x and Mac OS X Speech Manager compliant voices are supported by the SDK.
Therefore, any language could be practically supported.
Officially supported programming languages:
|Operating System||Programming Language|
|Microsoft (R) Windows||C++, Java ™, C#, Visual Basic.NET, Visual Basic 6|
|Mac OS X||Objective-C/C++ (Cocoa), C++ (Carbon), Java ™|
|Linux||C++, Java ™|
Listen to voice demos below:
|Paul 16k (U.S. English)||No longer available|
|Kate 16k (U.S. English)||No longer available|
* Please contact us for 10 more voices in Japanese, Chinese and Korean.
Additional voice demos:
Please choose a voice, enter text below, and hit “Synthesize the Text”:
Digital Future Text-to-Speech SDK (DF TTS SDK) is the only true OS native (no COM/ActiveX, no client-server, etc overheads) cross-platform provider-independent technology that provides standardized and unified API’s for the implementation of the conversion of text data into speech.
Digital Future Text-to-Speech SDK for Windows (R), Mac OS X and Linux supports:
- 9 languages and over 100 voices;
- C++, Objective-C, Java ™, VB.NET, C#, VB 6 (all officially supported);
- Speech synthesis and control through a unified API;
- Audio file generation in numerous audio formats;
- Speech synthesis events (speech progress, audio generation completion);
- Unified simplified native API calls. Example:DFTTSSpeak(0, 1, “David”, -1, 1033, “Testing the Digital Future Text-to-Speech SDK.”, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, DFTTS_TEXT_TYPE_XML,-1);DFTTSExportToFileEx(0, “Paul”, 1, 1033, “Testing the Digital Future Text-to-Speech SDK.”, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, DFTTS_TEXT_TYPE_XML, “test.wav”, 0, “”, -1, -1);
With Digital Future Text-to-Speech SDK for Windows (R), Mac OS X and Linux Software Developers:
- can use a standardized and easy to use API with various speech engines (9 languages and over 100 voices);
- can program in their language of preference (through an OS native interface): C++, Java ™, VB.NET, C#, VB 6 (all officially supported);
- will be able to use most compilers and IDE’s for building of their applications;
- will have access to detailed API documentation and samples in all supported programming languages;
- will get 24-hour telephone Developer Support.